Spelling Bee 2019-20
- General Spelling Bee Information (from Spelling Bee Packet)
- Links to Quizlet Electronic Flash Cards
- ==> NEW! Click here for tips on using Quizlet flash cards <== NEW!
- Spelling Study Tips
- Logo Design Contest Entry Form (from Spelling Bee Packet)
- "Wild Cards" Words--All Grades, including pronunciation guide and definitions (selected words from Old English)
www.spellingbee.com – official Scripps National Spelling Bee (SNSB) website
“How to Study for a Spelling Bee” (from www.spellingbee.com) – article by Dr. Jacques Bailly, pronouncer at SNSB
www.myspellit.com – No-longer-used official Scripps National Spelling Bee study site for school spelling bee champions.
NOTE: HCE is still using selected words from its Old English section for its "Wild Card" test this year, however, and there are also helpful spelling tips and practice exercises for words of many other languages of origin
2020 Great Words Great Works list of books used as sources for this year’s classroom and school bee study lists
Information about Words of the Champions (NEW 4000-word study list for use at District bee level and beyond)