Here are several great sites to keep learning when you are away from school:
- authors doing read-alouds. Highlights include...
- You can visit 500+ museums virtually here (you'll want to explore these before touring with your children)
- Michael Buckley reads the first chapter of his Sisters Grimm book for middle graders (he asks that you please not repost this to YouTube)
- Read the first book in the Zoey and Sassafrass series
- this site has several classic stories read in Spanish
- Scholastic's Learning at Home
- PebbleGo and Capstone Interactive
- ABDO digital bookshelf
- Junior Library Guild (Username: JLGELM Password: JLGFREE)
- Sebco's digital library (for the student ID, enter the number 1)
- calendar of art, music, read-alouds and more
- take virtual field trips
- keep moving with GoNoodle (this page includes activity ideas, too)
- try some STEAM challenges (science, technology, engineering, art, math)
If you are overwhelmed with resources, definitely don't look at these...
- this article will be continually updated with resources for teachers and parents including descriptions of what the service offers and the cost, if any
- and an extremely comprehensive list of educational resources being updated every few hours
If you need internet and your child(ren) qualify for free or reduced lunch, you can get two months of Comcast internet for free. Details can be found here.
I will keep adding resources above as I find them.
And of course we have all of our usual resources in the Symbaloo below...
Lisa Stultz, Teacher-Librarian
Library hours - 7:40 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
10650 Beinhorn Road . Houston, TX 77024 . 713-251-6027
address during construction: 11339 Britoak Houston, TX 77079
Parents: we are building up our makerspace and we need your help. If you would like to contribute to the exciting learning happening in the library, here is a list of materials we would like to add to our makerspace.